- CASE FILES
questioning the witness
On March 20, 1959, the prosecutor of the Prosecutor's Office of the city of Ivdel in the Sverdlovsk Region, counselor of justice Tempalov interrogated in the office
as a witness, in compliance with Article 162-168 of the Code of Criminal Procedure of the RSFSR
1. Surname, name and patronymic Gorbushin Artemy Vladimirovich
2. Year of birth 1919 3. Place of birth Kirov region, Falenskiy district
6. Education (which school graduated and when: 7 cells
7. Occupation: a) currently - the place of work and position: Ivdelsky GOM UVO st ordinopolnomenchenny b) at the time to which the testimony: too.
8. Criminal record: we do not judge.
9. Permanent residence (exact address and telephone number): pos. Hydrolysis, st. Malinovskaya # 8
10. Passport: does not have with itself
11. What is the relationship with the accused: stranger
On the responsibility for the first part of Art. 92 of the Criminal Code of the RSFSR for refusing to testify and under Art. 95 Criminal Code of the RSFSR for giving knowingly false testimony is forewarned. Signature (???).
The witness showed At the beginning of March 1959 I was in the police station and during this time there was a conversation that the tourists were killed. In the duty room sat one Mansi, I do not know his name, but they said that it was Kurikov, but what was his name-I do not know. Kurikova was asked how the tourists could have died. Kurikov said that near the holy mountain, where this mountain is located, he does not say, there live five Ostyaks. They are like savages, they are not friends with Mansi or with Russian people. In Ivdel they never happen. And these Ostyaks could kill tourists because they wanted to ascend the holy mountain or because they thought that tourists could kill their deer and moose, which they feed on. Kurikov expressed only his own assumptions, but how it happened he actually does not know Kurikov. But earlier Kurikov saw these savages Ostyakov, but a long time ago some years ago. Where the mountain is a saint, Kurikov does not know. But I also maintain that Kurikov expressed his supposition. He said this since we had a conversation that we found dead tourists and asked Mansi Kurikov how it could have happened. At this conversation there was a militiaman Pyzhov (?).
I can not add anything else. Recorded correctly, I personally read.
Prosecutor of the city of Ivdel signature